Things You Need to Know About JEE Mains - (Joint Entrance Examination)
JEE Main is an All-India Common Entrance Exam to get admissions in top tier engineering colleges across India. It’s for those candidates who seek to pursue BE/B-Tech at IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs.
Infomatica Academy: Get a Head Start to Your Engineering Career
“What next after the boards,” is the question most students will face during their 12th standard? With the ever-increasing number of students opting for a various engineering course, there is cut-throat competition to get admission in top tier engineering colleges. Statistics say, ‘every year over 1 million students appear for JEE, while only 2 to 2.5 lakhs can crack it’. The JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) pattern being different from regular boards; a student requires rigorous hard work and proper coaching to taste success. Although there is no lack of JEE coaching classes in Mumbai; however, not every coaching class can cater to all the needs of students and ensure excellent scores consistently. This is what sets Infomatica apart from the numerous other IIT JEE coachings across Mumbai.
Infomatica is the leading brand when it comes for engineering entrance or IIT JEE classes in Mumbai. It’s a well-renowned institute in Mumbai that provides comprehensive training for JEE exam preparation. We provide complete assistance and guidance for obtaining a great score in your engineering entrance exam. We have various regular sessions, lectures, test, revision classes, and exams to give the student optimum practice for their entrance exam preparation. Our regular lectures throughout the year and crash courses before the exam for all the subjects will help the student to boost their confidence and crack the exams effortlessly.
Infomatica works in an integrated manner for complete body-mind equilibrium with state-of-the-art infrastructure, extensive study material, experienced teachers, and expert mentors. We believe in the active involvement of our students in the teaching process to create an effective learning environment. Our teaching staff and management are always open to any suggestion for improvement. We try to involve students in the planning process to get a better idea of what the students require. We provide top-grade facilities and the best IIT JEE coaching in Mumbai for engineering aspirants.
The secret behind the untarnished reputation of Infomatica is the support of all our students and their parents. Your satisfaction and happiness is the key to our success. It inspires us always to move ahead, keeping mind what we strongly believe.
Today, the competition is intense, and it’s necessary to get excellent scores to secure admission in top-notch engineering colleges. A good coaching class will boost the confidence of the student and easily crack the JEE Exam. And we're among the few IIT JEE coaching classes in Mumbai that use the latest teaching trends to ensure a great learning experience for our students.
Infomatica Academy: Your Gateway to Success
Today, due to the stiff competition, no institute can sustain for long without up-gradation. We continuously strive to move ahead with the developing technology and use the latest teaching techniques to ensure superior learning experience.
At Infomatica, we firmly believe in updating ourselves to adhere to the changing course syllabus, learning methods, and JEE Main Exam patterns. We provide complete assistance to our students so that they obtain excellent results in their Joint Entrance Examination.
Are you looking for the best JEE NEET Classes near me? Join Infomatica! One of the top JEE coaching institutes, to crack your entrance with better efficiency and an excellent score.
JEE Main 2020 - An Overview
The JEE Main Registration are likely to start from September 2019 onwards. The JEE January 2020 Exams will be conducted through an online platform (computer-based examination) by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exams are held twice a year in January 2020 and April 2020.
There are two sets of papers – one for B. Tech and other for BArch. Both the JEE Exams will be undertaken in two shifts - morning and afternoon shifts.
What Is JEE Main?
It stands for ‘Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main’ which is conducted to offer admissions to candidates who come under the category of undergraduate engineering programs. The programs broadly include various country-level institutes:
• IITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology)
• NITs (National Institutes of Technology)
• Other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs)
It also offers eligibility for JEE Advanced which is the entrance exam for admissions to India’s 23 IITs. It gives access to top 2 lakh+ JEE Main rank holders to be eligible for JEE Advanced examination. Learn from the best faculty of IITians with Infomatica Academy and rank higher on the list.
Highlights for JEE Main 2020 Exam
• Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
• Exam Level: Undergraduate (UG)
• Exam Recurrence: Twice annually
• Exam Duration: 180 Minutes (applicable for both online and offline exams)
• Languages Offered: English
• Total Marks – 360 (Mark for: correct answer four marks & wrong answer one mark)
• Official Site: www.nta.ac.in
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
There are multiple criteria for a candidate to be eligible for JEE Examination. The JEE eligibility criteria are as follows:
• The candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 shall be eligible for JEE Main 2020 exam. SC, ST, and PwD candidates will be given an upper age limit relaxation of 5 years.
• Candidates who have passed a minimum of Class XII in the years 2018, 2019 or someone appearing in 2019 are eligible to appear JEE 2020 Examination
• The candidates are expected to fulfill minimum age limit requirements of the institutes which they want to opt.
• Candidates should have taken at least five subjects in class 12th /qualifying examination to be eligible to appear JEE exam 2020.
Attempts allowed in JEE Main Examinations
• The candidates who are appearing for Mains 2020 exam can appear for a total of 3 times. After that, they would be ineligible to appear for the exam.
• If the student appears both the exams in a particular year, the better score out of the two exams will be used for the ranking purpose in the JEE Main Exams’ merit list. It isn’t mandatory to appear the exam twice, and the choice is taken up by the candidate.
• If any candidate wants to take more attempts for JEE examinations, then the candidate has to appear for three consecutive years in a row without any gap year during his/her attempt.
Documents Required for JEE Main 2020
To register for Mains 2020, candidates need the following documents:
• Photograph in JPEG format- 10 KB to 100KB (size), 3.5cm x 4.5cm (dimensions)
• Aadhaar Card (not mandatory)
• Class X Exam Mark sheet
• Class XII Exam Mark sheet
• The minimum qualifying marks (for admission to NITs, IIITs, IITs, and CFTIs) that aspirants require is 75% (aggregate) OR
• The candidates are expected to be in the top 20 percentile in Class XII conducted by respective State Boards.
• The minimum qualifying marks for reserved candidates is 65%.
List of Qualifying Examination (QE)
• The candidate should have appeared any recognized examinations of 10+2 system conducted by Central/State Board which can include Central Body of Secondary Education, etc.
• An intermediate examination or a two-year pre-university exam held by a recognized Board or University.
• Cleared two-year course offered by Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy (NDA)
• Has passed a minimum of 5 subjects of Senior Secondary School of Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling.
• Any Public School / University / Board exam in India or abroad recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
• HSC vocational examination (Applicable only for Admission to IITs)
• Passed a minimum of three years duration in Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education (Applicable Only for Admission to IITs).
• General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at Advanced (A) level (Applicable Only for Admission to IITs)
• High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva (Only for Admission to IITs)
• The candidate should have passed at least one public exam by Board or Pre-University at an earlier level if the qualifying examinations appeared by the candidate are not general exams. (Applicable Only for Admission to IITs)
Important JEE Main Exam Dates
• JEE Main 2020 Date (January)
• Application Form available from- 02 Sep 2019
• Dates of Examination - 02nd week of Jan 2020
• Result Date- 1st week of Feb 2020
• JEE Main 2020 Date (April)
• Application Form available from- 2nd week of Feb 2020
• Dates of Examination - 02nd week of Apr 2020
• Result Date - 1st week of May 20
JEE Main 2020 Process
Step 1: Apply Online
Filling the online application form is the first step toward appearing for JEE Mains 2020. The candidates are expected to register online on the official website of NTA.
Quick Steps to fill the Online Form:
Fill out the application form
Upload scanned copies of relevant documents and images
Pay the application fee
Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful submission of documents and remittance of fee.
Step 2: Slot Allotment
NTA will randomly allot the date, shift timings to registered candidates. The JEE Main’s website announces the date and shifts time of the exams for both the papers.
Step 3: Application Form Correction
Applying candidates are expected to correct the details that are filled incorrectly. It appears after the application process is over and NTA starts the correction window form.
Step 4: Issuing Admit Cards
The admit cards will be made available by the conducting authority of the exam – NTA. Please note the admit card issued to each student is a mandatory document required to be carried by the students for their JEE exams. Candidates who fail to carry the admit card issued by the agency will not be allowed to write the exam under any circumstances whatsoever.
Step 5: JEE Main 2020 Results
NTA shall announce the results for January and April exams, and it will contain the score and rank of the candidate which they’ve secured in the paper-1 of JEE Main 2020 Exam. The results are announced online on the official site of NTA. It will also contain the information about whether the candidate is eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced 2020 Exam or not. It contains the All India Rank and All India category rank. For admission purpose, All India Rank (AIR) shall be used.
JEE Main 2020 Pattern
NTA will release the pattern on their official website. JEE Exam pattern comprises of two sections viz. – Paper 1 and Paper 2 for 180 minutes (3 hours). Paper 1 which is completely online is applicable for the candidates seeking admissions to B. Tech programmes at IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs, while JEE Main Paper 2 which is available online & offline is for aspirants seeking admissions to B. Arch programs at NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
JEE Main Registration Process
JEE Main Registration will includes registration, form fill up, uploading the required documents and make the fee payment online. The steps to apply for JEE Main is different for candidates appearing in single or both the sessions.
Fresh candidates will have to follow the four step JEE Mains registration process while the candidates who have appeared in the first session won't have to register and upload documents once again. They just need to fill the application form and pay the fee for JEE Main Exam
JEE Main 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
• It's possible that the two students may score the same marks. In such a scenario, the tie will be decided as per the following criteria:
• The candidate obtaining higher marks in the math section will be given a more top ranking as compared to a candidate scoring lower marks in the exam.
• If the above criteria are not met, then higher marks in Physics in the exam will fetch the candidate higher rank than the other one.
• If the above also is not satisfied, the rank will be decided by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having a higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
• If the tie is still not resolved, the candidates will be given the same rank
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
NTA will release the answer key and upload on its official site. The students who are not satisfied with the answers can challenge it. For this, they will have to raise the challenge on the official website. The final answer key shall be released after the students have accepted all the challenges.
Tips To Prepare for JEE Main Exam 2020
• Practice: You must keep practicing at regular intervals. Start your JEE Main preparations with 12th Class books and also refer to NCERT books, other recommended books.
• Clear doubts: Any doubts, chat with our expert teacher 24X7 and clear the doubts as quickly as possible
• Revise Lesson: Revise, practice using previous years JEE Mains and check how they're solved in quick turnaround time.
• Mock Exams: Take a time-bound All-India level mock tests. Challenging yourself will improve your efficiency.
• Clear all the fundamentals as JEE is designed to know how well students have grasped the topics and understood the concept.