All You Need to Know About NATA Exam
NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. It's a national level entrance exam to measure the candidate's aptitude in the Architecture field. This exam is taken for admissions in the five years B. Architecture Programs.
The joy of designing and building something from scratch is unparalleled. It attracts most of the young aspirants to take up architecture as their career plan. NATA is the entrance exam used to select deserving candidates for admission to pursue architecture degree in top-tier colleges.
The NATA exam pattern being quite different from the regular boards, students require proper coaching and thorough guidance to taste success. Although there is no lack of NATA coaching classes in Mumbai; however, not every coaching class can cater to all the needs of the students and ensure excellent scores consistently. This is what sets Infomatica apart from the numerous other NATA coaching institute in Mumbai.
Why NATA Coaching?
Today, there's stiff competition; therefore, it’s necessary to score great if you want to seek admission in top-tier Architecture colleges. Good coaching is like half the battle won. It will help you boost your confidence and comfortably crack your NATA Exam. And we're among the few coaching classes for NATA in Mumbai that uses the latest teaching trends and ensure great learning experience for students.
Be the Architect of Your Own Future: Join Infomatica
• Infomatica is a leading brand that provides the best coaching classes for NATA in Mumbai. We provide complete assistance and proper guidance for obtaining a great score in the NATA exam.
• Confidence is the key to a great score. At Infomatica the regular sessions, numerous tests, revision classes, and mock exams will give the students optimum practice for their final NATA Exam 2019. The regular lectures throughout the year and revision courses will boost the student’s confidence.
• We actively involve our students in the teaching process to create a friendly learning environment and get a better understanding of the students’ requirement. The professors are always open to feedback and suggestions for improvement.
• We aim for your satisfaction and happiness. Our faculty and staff strive hard to maintain the untarnished reputation of Infomatica. It inspires us to move ahead towards achieving our goal of providing top-class NATA coaching in Mumbai. Our extensive study material, experienced teachers, and expert mentors will help the students obtain excellent scores.
• We are among the few NATA coaching classes in Mumbai to use the latest teaching techniques to ensure a great learning experience for our students.
• We firmly believe in updating ourselves to adhere to the changing course syllabus, learning methods, and examination patterns. We assure complete assistance and guidance to our students to ensure they obtain excellent results in their NATA Exam.
NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a National Level exam designed to evaluate the aptitude of an applicant studying Architecture. This aptitude test helps in identifying the different set of skills such as observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, and critical thinking ability that relates to the field and study of Architecture.
Infomatica provides one of the best NATA coaching institutes in Mumbai. From this year, interested candidates have a choice of attempting twice for the examination, as NATA will be conducted twice this year. The tentative dates of examinations will be somewhere in mid-April and July 1st week.
NATA Eligibility Criteria And Qualification
The eligibility for NATA exam is laid out by the Council of Architecture (COA). The candidate/applicant appearing for NATA should be HSC passed with aggregate 50% along with mandatory subjects i.e., Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. A candidate who is specializing in any other Humanities courses can also apply for B. Arch and who has given additional CBSE exam of Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.
NATA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
• There is no age limit to appear for NATA 2019. If there is any compulsion by the Counselling or Admission Authority, then the candidate has to fit in that category.
• 10+2 - passed or appearing with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects of the examination.
• 10+3 Diploma (any stream) - passed or appearing with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects. It should be a Central/State Government recognized college.
• International Baccalaureate Diploma - passed or appearing after completion of 10years schooling with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
• NOTE: In the Application Form, two fields of ‘Total Marks’ and ‘Obtained Marks’ are made optional. Please note that the eligibility criteria not only depend on account of clearing NATA exam but also on the criteria set by the Council of Architecture (COA).
• Candidates who fail to fit into the NATA eligibility criteria set by (COA) will not be eligible for appearing the exam under any circumstances.
Qualification for B. Arch Course:
Interested Candidate should comply with the following conditions for admissions to B. Arch course:
• Clearance of a recognized aptitude test (Architecture) in 2019 which is equivalent to NATA or cleared NATA 2018
• Obtained marks as per below:
• Minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 or equivalent examinations
• 50% Aggregate with Mathematics as a mandatory subject in 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by State/Central Government
• 50% Aggregate with Mathematics as a mandatory subject in International Baccalaureate Diploma after completion of 10 years of schooling
• No direct lateral admission will be provided to any candidate with any other educational qualification at any stage/years
NOTE: NATA score is valid only for two years, including the year which candidate has appeared the exam.
Important NATA Exam Dates
Those candidates who will be appearing for NATA 2019 should be well versed with the essential dates.
NATA Exam 2019 important dates include:
• Application date-January 24, 2019
• Last date for application-March 11, 2019
• Admit card date –April 1, 2019
• Exam date –April 14, 2019
• Result date-April May 03, 2019
Candidates can even take coaching from any of the reputed NATA coaching classes in Mumbai.
NATA Paper Pattern - 2019
The NATA exam pattern consists of 2 papers, namely Paper-1 and Paper-2. Paper-1 deals with questions from General Aptitude and Mathematics, while Paper-2 is a Drawing test.
• Drawing Test: 120 mins
• Aptitude Test: 60 mins
• Mode of exam: Offline
• Language: All instructions will be given in English only
• The time duration of the NATA Exam: 3hours
• Total no of questions in NATA Exam: 62 Questions
• Total Marks: 200 marks
• Marking scheme: No Negative Marking
NATA entrance exam syllabus is taught similarly in all the NATA coaching classes/institutes in Mumbai.
The subjects are bifurcated as follows:
General Aptitude (40-Q)
Guidelines for General Aptitude & Mathematics Test:
Only one answer is correct out of the given options
Every correct answer counts two marks
No negative marking, but there is a penalty for the wrong answer if it’s a tie break
Guidelines for Drawing Test:
Able to sketch the given object attractively with the right dimensions
Candidate should have a sense of perspective drawing
Knowledge of dimensions and measurements
Create a structural piece or a building from the given 3-dimensional elements
Build impressive 2-dimensional art forms from given shapes
Using a color palette for appealing compositions
Sketch out in pencil about the experiences of your everyday life
A panel of 3 examiners will independently evaluate each question from the drawing Test.
The marks will be based on the statistical properties of the questions, the overall performance of the candidate’s examination, and the number of questions attempted.
The Drawing Test evaluation will mainly base upon the candidate’s skills in drawing, thinking, and perception with an understanding of colors and composition used.
Tie Breaking Rules:
If there is a tie where more than one candidate gets equal marks, then there’s a tie-breaking rule which will be applied as follows:
• Maximum marks obtained in Mathematics test questions
• Least wrong answers in attempted Mathematics test questions
• Maximum marks obtained in attempted problems of Aptitude test questions
• Least wrong answers in attempted Aptitude test questions
• Whoever’s birthdate is before
NATA Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of NATA Exam 2019 contains subjects from Paper1-Mathematics and General Aptitude Test, Paper-2 Drawing Test.
Mathematics includes topics such as:
• Coordinate geometry
• General Aptitude includes topics such as:
• Mathematical reasoning
Sets and Relations
The drawing test aims at judging the sketching, creativity, and innovation of the candidate. There is no specific syllabus for this subject; hence, the candidate/applicant can go through the sample papers for practice.
NATA registration process:
Follow the Given Steps to Register for NATA 2019
• To being with NATA registration, first, create login id and password. You will have to fill a form with information such as Name, Gender, Date of birth, Mobile Number, Email Id, Unique password, and Security question.
• You will then get your registered email id containing the application number and password. It has to be used for future logins on the site.
• You can log in on the official website of the NATA using the credentials, and fill up the NATA 2019 application form.
• After successfully submitting the duly filled NATA application form, candidates will be asked to upload the scanned copies of the documents such as Candidate's recent passport size photograph, Candidate's signature.
• Finally, you can make the payment of the prescribed NATA application fee. The payment for the application fee can be paid using NET Banking, Credit Cards, and ICICI Bank Challan.
Some FAQs Related to NATA 2019
• Who can give the NATA Exam?
Any aspirant desirous of taking admission to B. Arch in India can opt for NATA Exam. NATA test scores are considered by admission authorities of different schools and colleges of Architecture, to qualifying the applicants.
• How many exams can I appear?
You can either opt for the first test or second Test. Else, you can choose to appear in both the tests as well.
• What are the NATA 2019 test timings?
The test timings for both the exam is from 10 AM to 1.15 PM
• Can I change the Examination center?
NO. The request for changing the test centre is not accepted once it has been allotted to the candidate.