Things You Need to Know About NDA Exam
NDA stands for National Defence Academy – a premier joint services academy of the Indian Armed Forces. Those young aspirants who wish to opt for a challenging career in the Indian Armed forces will have to appear for the NDA exam. It's one of the toughest entrance exams which requires a lot of determination, hard work, and strategy. You need to have a fair idea on the NDA exam pattern, syllabus, and more.
With the growing number of parents and students realizing the importance of proper guidance for excellent scores, there is no dearth of coaching classes around every corner in the city. However, not every coaching class can cater to all the needs of the students and ensure an excellent score. This is what sets Infomatica apart from the numerous other NDA coaching institutes spread across Mumbai. Infomatica is the leading brand in Mumbai when it comes to Defence coaching institutions. It is a well-renowned institution that provides the best training for NDA exam preparation in Mumbai.
• We provide complete assistance and guidance for the written exam as well as for SSB interview. Infomatica has various regular sessions, tests, revision classes, and exams to give the students optimum practice for the written exam. Along with the written exam preparation, we ensure to provide complete training to every student and help them gain confidence for the interview round.
• We offer the best NDA coaching in Mumbai along with top-grade facilities for the young aspirants. Infomatica believes in working holistically for complete body-mind equilibrium with State of the Art Infrastructure, Study Material, Expert Mentors, and Teachers.
• We actively involve our students in the planning process to create a conducive environment for learning. The staff members and management are always open to suggestions and feedback for improvement. We try to always involve students in the teaching process to get a better idea of what the students require.
• The support of all our students and parents is the sole cause of the untarnished reputation of Infomatica. Your satisfaction and happiness is our success. It enables us always to move ahead, keeping in mind what we firmly believe.
Infomatica Academy: Tap Your True Potential with Us
Change is inevitable, and no institute can sustain for long without regular up-gradation. We stay in-sync with the latest techniques and technologies to ensure a superior learning experience. At Infomatica Academy, we firmly believe in updating ourselves to adhere to the changing course syllabus, learning methods, examination patterns, or interview sessions.
The Union Public Service Commission UPSC in India has officially announced details about NDA (i) 2019 exams. As per the announcement released, NDA (i) 2019 exam is scheduled to be held on April 21, 2019. The UPSC NDA exams will be undertaken for admissions to Army, Navy and Air Force wings for the 143rd course in Army and Navy and 105th Naval Academy Course commencing from January 2, 2020.
The National Defense Academy (NDA) is the Joint Service Academy for the Indian Armed Forces. NDA is considered to be the first tri-service academy in the world. UPSC plays the role of conducting a written examination which helps candidates to get admissions in the academy; the examination is followed by another extensive interview conducted by SSB. Finally, a medical test to keep a check on the candidate’s overall health and physical fitness.
The NDA exams witnesses around 4, 50,000 applicants for the exam every year, out of which only 6,300 are called for the interview round. Only 320 cadets are accepted to the academy out of the lot. Out of 320 cadets, 70 for the Air force, 42 for Navy and 208 cadets for the Army.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for NDA exam of a candidate is evaluated based on four different categories:
a. As per nationality for NDA
Apart from being an Indian origin, candidates from other countries can also appear for UPSC NDA examinations. For NDA qualification the candidates must be:
· A citizen of India
· A citizen of Bhutan
· A citizen of Nepal
Tibetan refugees who came over to India before January 1, 1962, intending to permanently settle in India are also eligible to appear for NDA 2019.
An Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam intending to settle in India permanently are also eligible to appear for NDA 2019 exam.
Note: The candidate from other countries other than India must possess a certificate of eligibility for NDA exam issued by the Government of India.
b. As per age criteria for NDA
The minimum age required for appearing for NDA examination is 16.5 years
The maximum age required for appearing for NDA examination is 19.5 years
The date will be calculated as mentioned in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation.
c. As per educational qualification for NDA
Army Wing of National Defence Academy: The Applicants who wish to apply for Indian Army must have an HSC in 10+2 pattern of School Education or any equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. The candidates willing to apply for Indian Army must possess a class 12
Air Force, Navy and Naval Academy of National Defence Academy: The Applicants willing to apply for Air Force, Naval and Navy Defence Academy must have an HSC in 10+2 pattern of School Education with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
d. As per Physical Fitness For NDA
Applicants who are willing to appear for NDA 2019 must be mentally and physically fit. The physical requirements for NDA are prescribed by SSB – the conducting authority. The applicants are recommended by the SSB to undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers
The desiring candidates must possess good physical and mental health and free from any illness or disability, which can reduce the efficiency of Military duties. The candidates selected are admitted to the academy for further training 2.5 cm for Air Force. A leverage of 5 cm is provided to Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North-Eastern regions.
NDA Exam Dates
The UPSC has released the exam schedule for NDA examinations. The NDA (i) exam will be held on April 21, 2019, and the last day of submission is February 04, 2019. While the NDA (ii) will be held on December 11, 2019, and the last day of submission is September 03, 2019.
Important Dates for NDA Exam 2019
UPSC released the first notification on January 10, 2019, for the NDA (i) exams. UPSC will publish the second notification on September 03, 2019 for the NDA (ii) exams.
NDA Exam Pattern And Syllabus
NDA Exam Pattern
Written Exam: The written exam will take place in two papers:
Mathematics (01) The mathematics consists of algebra, determinants, matrices, analytical geometry of two and three dimensions, vector algebra and statistics, integral calculus and differential equations, different calculus, and probability. The mathematics carries 300 marks.
General Ability (02) The General Ability is divided into two parts broadly: Part 1 (English) and Part 2 (GK). The candidate gets a total time duration of two and a half hour to complete both the papers. General Ability carries 600 marks.
The NDA exam papers will consist of objective type questions only and will be set bilingually, in Hindi as well as English.
Intelligence and Personality Test: The SSB procedure is divided into two parts.
Part 1: Includes Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception/Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on the combined performance of OIR and PP&DT test.
Part 2: Comprises of an interview, psychology tests, group testing officer tasks, and the conference. These tests take place over four days.
NDA Exam Subject
• Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic Progressions
• Binary System of Numbers
• Binomial theorem and its applications
• Cartesian product
• Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity
• Concept of Sets
• Conversion of a Number in Decimal System to Binary System and Vice-Versa
• De Morgan's laws
• Equivalence Relation
• Logarithms and their applications
• Operations on sets
• Permutation and combination
• Quadratic equations with real coefficients
• Representation of real numbers on a line
• The solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs
• Venn Diagrams
Matrices and determinants
• Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
• Applications-Solution of a System of Linear Equations in Two or Three Unknowns by Cramer’s Rule and by Matrix Method
• Basic properties of determinants
• The determinant of a Matrix
• Operations on Matrices
• Types of Matrices
• Angles and Their Measures in Degrees and Radians
• Applications - height and distance
• Inverse Trigonometric Functions
• Multiple and sub-multiple angles
• Properties of Triangles
• Trigonometric Identities Sum and Difference Formulae
• Trigonometrically ratios
Analytical geometry of two and three dimensions
• The angle between Two Lines
• The angle between Two Lines and Angle between Two Planes
• Direction Cosines and Direction Ratios
• Distance between Two Points
• Distance formula
• The distance of a point from a line
• Eccentricity and Axis of a Conic
• Equation Two Points
• Equation of a Sphere
• Equation of a circle in standard and general form
• Equation of a line in various forms
• Equation of a plane and a line in various forms
• The point in a Three-Dimensional Space
• Rectangular Cartesian coordinate system
• Standard Forms of Parabola, Ellipse, and Hyperbola
• Algebraic Operations on Continuous Functions
• Application of Derivatives in Problems of Maxima and Minima
• Composite Functions, One to One, onto and Inverse Functions
• Concept of a Real-Valued Function–Domain, Range and Graph of a Function
• Continuity of functions
• Derivative of a Composite Function
• Derivative of a function with respect to another function
• Derivative of function at a point
• Derivatives of sum, product, and quotient of functions
• A geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications
• Increasing and Decreasing Functions
• Notion of limits
• Second-order derivatives
• Standard limits
Integral calculus and differential equations
• Application in Problems of Growth and Decay
• Definition of Order and Degree of a Differential Equation
• Determination of Areas of Plane Regions Bounded by Curves
• Evaluation of Definite Integrals
• Formation of a differential equation by examples
• General and particular solution of a differential equations
• Integration as Inverse of Differentiation
• Integration by Substitution and by Parts
• The solution of the first order and first-degree differential equations of various types—examples
• Standard integrals involving algebraic expressions
• Trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions
• Addition of vectors
• Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems
• Magnitude and Direction of a Vector
• Scalar Multiplication of a Vector
• Scalar product or dot product of two vectors
• Unit and null vectors
• Vector Product or Cross Product of Two Vectors
• Vectors in Two and Three Dimensions
Statistics and probability
NDA Registration 2019
You can get access to the application form on the UPSC website. You can do NDA online registration at the comfort of your home. The form of NDA (i) 2019 will be available from 9th January 2019 and for NDA (ii) 2019 will be available from 7th August 2019. You should carefully fill-up the information, as no changes will be allowed once you hit the 'submit' button. You should be ready with the scanned copies of all the necessary documents for the test. Once registered successfully, make a note of the NDA registration number.
NDA 2019 Results
The results of the NDA 2019 would be declared after one to two months from the exam. You can visit the official site to view the results. The results of the shortlisted candidates for the SSB interview will be displayed in PDF format. And the shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the SSB interview round organized by the Service Selection Board (SSB) of the Ministry of Defence. After clearing the SSB interview & other rounds, the final result will be declared.
Some Tips To Prepare For NDA 2019
• Get thorough with the NDA exam pattern and syllabus
• You must refer to the class 11 and 12 NCERT and several recommended books
• If you have any doubts, chat with our expert teachers and get it clarified as quickly as possible.
• Be thorough with the basic formulae, concepts from Math, Physics, and Chemistry
• Attempt Mock NDA papers and try to solve in dedicated time. It’s the best way to challenge your skills and improve your weak areas.
• Stay up-to-date with the current affairs, historical scenario and political events of India
Sample NDA Papers
Probably, the best way to gauge your performance is to solve sample and previous year NDA papers. It will help you to gain an edge over the stiff competition in the NDA 2019. It will assist you in learning with effective time management. You can check your performance and improve the key areas.